****Notice of Public Hearing****
The Amherst Housing Authority
invites all tenants and the general public to a review of the
Authority's Proposed Annual Plan for Fiscal Year 2025
The Annual Plan is intended to provide insight into the Authority’s operations and plans for the
coming fiscal year as they affect the Authority’s state-aided public housing. The Proposed
Annual Plan is comprised of the following elements:
1. Proposed Capital Improvement Plan (5-year)
2. Proposed Maintenance and Repair Plan
3. Current Operating Budget
4. Responses to the Performance Management Review (PMR) findings
5. List of housing authority policies
6. List of waivers from governing regulations of the Department of Housing and
Community Development (DHCD)
7. Other elements
Hearing time and date: 1:00 PM on 12/18/2023
Hearing location: Jean Elder Community Room, 9 Chestnut St., Amherst, MA 01002
Residents and the general public are invited to review the Annual Plan before the hearing
and may submit public comments as noted below. The Authority shall consider the
concerns of any Local Tenants’ Organization (LTO) or Resident Advisory Board (RAB)
regarding needs and priorities and incorporate some or all of such needs and priorities in
the draft plan if deemed by the Authority to be consistent with sound management.
Substantive comments will be summarized and included in the Annual Plan when it is
submitted to the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
- Copies of the Annual Plan are available at the Authority’s office or may be reviewed
online at https://tinyurl.com/LHA-MA-AnnualPlan
- Comments may be submitted orally at the hearing, by emailing the housing authority
office, or by submitting written comments at the housing authority office. Comments
must be received no later than the close of the public hearing.
- For reasonable accommodation requests contact the housing authority office by
12/04/2023 at 4:30 PM.
Contact information for Amherst Housing Authority:
Office: 33 Kellogg Avenue, Amherst, MA 01002
Phone: (413) 256-0206
Posted: November 2, 2023 @ 1:07 p.m.